Supporting Our Colleagues
The health and safety of our colleagues is our top priority. In response to the pandemic, we took action early, and we continue to adjust our support to meet current needs. In January 2020, upon first learning of COVID-19, S&P Global established a pandemic crisis management committee and appointed our first Chief Medical Advisor to support decision making by company leadership. The company also established an internal COVID-19 microsite with information on health, safety, wellness and remote working logistics. To help our team members around the world cope with the challenges of the pandemic, S&P Global provided a full range of support:
- Expanded global care leave to 2 weeks to be used for caring for a sick or healthy family member
- Increased minimum global sick leave to 10 paid business days to be used while being treated for COVID-19
- Committed to provide unlimited compassion leave following the loss of a loved one
- Committed to provide three months’ pay to family members following loss of an employee
- Provided added flexibility for those working from home while caring for children/family
- Expanded telemedicine resources and access to mental health services
Supporting Our Customers
When economies and markets are under stress, our data, analytics, and benchmarks help inform critical decisions made by companies, governments and investors. To meet the demand for credible research and insight, we maintain business continuity and ensure continuous coverage and updates of pandemic-related developments.
- Actively engaged our clients, regulators and governments and worked closely with central banks to deepen
- understanding of credit market conditions
- Provided daily coverage of pandemic-related developments from our analysts, economists and researchers
- Launched a free Coronavirus Coverage website with exclusive research from across our divisions on how
- COVID-19 is impacting public health, the global economy and the financial and commodity markets
Supporting Our Communities
As the pandemic hit hard across the world, we stepped up to the challenge, supporting our global community and working to mitigate the far-reaching effects of COVID-19. We are committed to continuing our efforts.
- The S&P Global Foundation responded by channeling $4.5 million in global grants for COVID-19 relief efforts, supporting first responders, helping the hungry, providing medical supplies and meeting other critical needs, as well as providing critical aid for small businesses to help address the strain of economic uncertainty
- We provided hospitals and governments free access to Panjiva supply chain data relating to ventilators and personal protective equipment
- Across the globe, S&P Global team members responded too, volunteering their time and donating funds to the S&P Global Foundation to help meet the needs of their local communities. In India, during a lockdown period, our CRISIL team used their corporate kitchen to serve 10,000 meals per day to Mumbai’s most vulnerable. And in the U.S., colleagues in our California, Colorado and New York offices got to work, 3D-printing face shields for local healthcare workers.